Sunday, September 6, 2009

Fall! Mmmm.... crispy

It's September! My favorite time of the year. An ode to crispness: apple-picking (though this year I'll be smart and not saddle my boyfriend with it - he is, after all, allergic to apples), stiff breezes, and orange leaves. Even though I'm not in school anymore, I still think of it as the real start of the year, the time for a new lease on life. Probably that's part having teachers for parents, part my secret inner Jew. Today is a beautiful day - in the sixties, fluffy white clouds, sweater and jeans weather. I just got back from an extended lunch outdoors, and have an urge to put on one more layer and go on a tramp through some conservation ground. I don't see Labor Day as the last gasp of summer - it's the beginning of short, precious, golden autumn.

Funny, even though my life has very little definition now, except for that of emailed resumes (and an interview next week!), the change in the weather still makes me new.

Also, I finally figured out my novel.

No comments:

Post a Comment